We are a group of people from many walks of life who love Hungarian dance and music. Our members include students, teachers, professionals, and more. Though some of us are Hungarian or Hungarian-American, most of us do not have Hungarian cultural backgrounds. Csárdás currently performs at many festivals and events, public and private, throughout central Texas.
2012 Beginners class (January 2012)
Csárdás is currently holding a free Széki beginners class! If you are interested in learning Széki, an fun and easy couple dance from the Szék region of Transylvania, feel free to Join us at the Hancock Recreation Center in the back room from 7pm - 8pm. No partner required.
- December 9, 2011 (8:15pm) Zilker Park Trail of Lights
- October 22, 2011 (1:05pm): Texas State Fair Dallas TX
- October 22, 2011 (2:45pm): Texas State Fair Dallas TX
- October 23, 2011 (10:45pm): Texas State Fair Dallas TX
- October 23, 2011 (12:50pm): Texas State Fair Dallas TX
- September 3 2011 (4:00pm) WestFest Czech heritage festival in West, Texas
- September 4 2011 (2:00pm) WestFest Czech heritage festival in West, Texas
- March 26, 2011:Hungarian Festival at the Hungarian American Cultural Association of Houston
- March 19, 2011: 53nd Annual San Antonio Folk Dance Festival
- June 11-13, 2010: Texas Folklife Festival
- Labor Day weekend, 2010: WestFest Czech heritage festival
- Fall, 2010: Texas State Fair Dallas TX
- March 13, 2010: 52nd Annual San Antonio Folk Dance Festival
- December 18, 2009: Zilker Park Trail of Lights
- September 5-6 2009: WestFest Czech heritage festival in West, Texas.
- March 14, 2009: Thiry Auditorium, Our Lady of the Lake University, San Antonio Texas.
We performed a suite of dances from Mehkerek at the San Antonio Folk Dance Festival "Luminaria" concert.
Watch a video of the performance (offsite link)
|Délaföldi||Dunántúli Olahos||Doualatori (Romanian Mezöség)|
|Gyimesi Csángó||Invirtita From Kalata||Kalocsai|